[pcductape] Networking issue

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:32:06 -0500

Hi Guys,

Remember some time back I announced that I had purchased a new computer and I
wanted to transfer some files off the old computer to the new.   I purchased a
crossover cable and followed the steps and the transfer was never successful;
the wizard kept trying to hook me up via serial ports and I had my crossover
cable plugged into netcards.    I gave up and collected my necessary files via
email from computer #3.    So, now I have plugged in the network cable (C5) off
of the router and have tried many times to get the old computer to connect to
Internet but it will not.     The only change to the old computer from the days
it did connect to the Internet is I used "netsetup.exe" on the old computer via
3.5" floppy and it must have installed a file that prohibits the connection to
the Internet.    My question is what file(s) did netsetup.exe put on the old