[pcductape] Re: Network dropping momentarily?

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:43:45 +0200

Hi Scott,

I have seen similar where I am , I work at a ISP and am also the network
manager for our Regional Council, Local area school, etc in our area [in
the middle of the desert]. Though not only on XP but also on Win 2K
occasionally. It seems to happen sporadically and I can't put my finger
to the culprit. Maybe you should do a search at Microsoft Knowledgebase?

Seems that the problem has become less noticable since we upgraded our
network [about a month ago] to only 100 Mb hubs and switches and a lot
of the cabling was renewed with Giga cable, and most of the NIC cards
are 100 too.

For starters I would make sure that all the cabling was 100% and the
connections are seated well, try to make all the switches etc to the
same grade [10Mb versus 100Mb] and so on.

Sorry can't help you more than that. Further questions welcome.

TTFN

Vic