[pcductape] Re: My mouse acts like the button or icon object I am trying to click on is an anti-magnet; that is the mouse

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:24:29 -0500

Do you have another mouse you can try?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 8:17 AM
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx; pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [pcductape] My mouse acts like the button or icon object I am
trying to click on is an anti-magnet; that is the mouse

  Hi Guys,

  My mouse acts like the button or icon object I am trying to click on is an
anti-magnet;   that is the mouse pointer is very difficult to cause it to
land on the button or icon.   I've read of this problem many moons ago but
I've not seen it discussed recently.   I have scanned my system for virus
and spyware and Trojans and the system "appears" to be clean.   My machine
is a 2 year old Dell with plenty of ram and hard disk drive space.   The
operating system is Windows 2000 Prof and the mouse is a generic brand (PS/2
compatible) mouse that has a middle key scow wheel.   My Dell mouse does not
have a middle scow wheel.   I've checked the device manager and all appears
ok.   I've checked the Control Panel's mouse controls and all appears ok
there too.   I've used this generic brand mouse for about 2 years with no
problems;   until about 2 months ago.

  Any suggestions?