[pcductape] Re: My Computer Has Crashed!

  • From: DavChild5@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:02:54 EDT

Hi Scott:
My machine seems to have developed a more serious problem now.
It didn't just happen, for the past couple of weeks at different times
it would just shut off for no apparent reason. When it does this I have
to cut the power off completely before I can reboot.
I haven't been able to check out the different things you told me to do
completely because my computer keeps shutting down. I was able to
boot up in normal mode one time for a couple of minutes. Everything
seem normal and I thought we had fixed it, but it shut off. Now when
I boot up in normal mode it shuts off just as it completes the boot up.
And In the safe mode it stays on for maybe 3 to 4 minutes and shuts off.
I think it would probably be OK now if we could just figure out what is
causing it to shut off. Scott would the BIOS have anything to do with
this? Oh in safe mode it doesn't recognize the CD ROM or the sound
card. When I got it to boot in normal mode I had my sound back and
it showed the CD ROM in my computer, Which it don't in safe mode.
I appreciate all your help.
David: