[pcductape] Re: My Computer Has Crashed!

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Emery, David" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:11:41 -0500

Saturday, June 28, 2003, 3:58:57 PM, you wrote:

ED> Your machine is still trying to install the program, put the cd
ED> back in and click on install and hoepefully it will get rid of the
ED> installation error. Make sure you do not have anything running,
ED> shut down the applications by right-clciking the icons on your
ED> systray and closing them. Do this prior to installing the program
ED> but already have the cd in the drive. Lets see how it goes. :>>)

Also, try searching the hard drive for INSTMSIA.EXE by clicking Start
and Find (or Search, whichever), and copy it to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP, if
you can find it. You can also run it directly if you want, by
double-clicking on it.

If all else fails, run MSCONFIG if you have it (click Start and Run,
and type in MSCONFIG), go to the STARTUP tab, and uncheck anything
that looks like it might be related to MSI, WP, or installing. If
you can't find anything, and it still won't start in normal mode, go
and uncheck everything.