[pcductape] Re: My Computer Has Crashed!

  • From: DavChild5@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:18:18 EDT

Hi Dave:
Thanks A. Million For Your Help. After following your instructions I can now
boot up
in Safe Mode. I checked the device manager and in system, I found ACPI  IRQ
holder
for PCI  IRQ steering listed 4 times. also ACPI  POWER  Button was listed 3
times
The Mother  Board  Resources was listed 2 times. I removed all of these
listings as you instructed and rebooted, It came up in normal mode showing
background screen
with several drop down windows showing it was installing the different
drivers. After
completing this it comes back with the error message (labeled across the top
Visual Studio Installer Loader Error) in the message window it says The Loader
can not Find
The C:\Windows\Temp\Instmsia.ExeFile necessary to load the Windows Installer.
It
locks up there like before I have to punch reset to get out of it. I can
reboot again using the F8 key. When I go back to Device Manager and Systems I
find
the
ACPI  IRQ  Holder for PCI  IRQ Steering listed 4 times again. When I try to
go online
the computer shuts down completely.

Dave do you or anyone else have any other remedies I might try?
Thanks For Your Help.
David: