[pcductape] Re: My Computer Has Crashed!

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:52:46 -0400

It appears you have crashed, it may have been the program you were
installing, difficult to tell at this time. First thing to do is come up in
safemode, that is start computer and toggle the F8 key and you will come to
a menu, select option # 3 and hit enter, things will look different because
your realmode drivers are not loaing, video etc.
Now right-click my computer and go to device manager and look at each
device, if you find any doubles or triples then delete all of them, work
down thru all the devices. after this then reboot and lets see what happens,
most of the devices unless you have something unique will install
automatically. :>) Dave