[pcductape] My Computer Has Crashed!

  • From: DavChild5@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:27:24 EDT

Hi Elaine:
My computer has crashed (I am running Windows 98 SEC Edition) I was
installing
(Coreel Word Perfect suite 7) for Windows 95 and 98 I thought. During the
process
my computer froze up. It asked for me to put my Windows disk in the CD drive
which
I did, but it didn't acknowledge I had put it in. As a last resource I hit
the reset button.
Now when I try to boot up, Windows Logo comes on the screen then it changes
to the desktop background with no icons or task bar. An error message window
comes
that says Visual Studio Installer Loader Error. Then sometime it will just
shut off and
go blank.

I've got a floppy disk I bought on Ebay it's called Windows Install Disk, but
it doesn't have any instructions as to how you use it. I can unplug the
computer, put the floppy
disk in and it starts up in DOS with A drive prompt A:\>. After 8 years I
don't remember the DOS commands, however I did manage to get a C:\> prompt to
come
up. I tried typing in Windows and different things, but I keep getting Bad
Command.

Can someone Please Help Me save a large in shop repair bill or possible
nervous break down. LOL

David: