[pcductape] Re: Music from Africa and more

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:44:24 -0800

Hi Pam,
A proper functioning power supply, should not blow up, even if you short out or
overload one of the supply wires.

Today's power supplies are built to deliver a certain amount of power. If that
is exceeded, they either won't give any more, or they will shut down.

I believe we used to call them crow-bar circuits back in the seventies.

Before that, one could burnup or blow a supply easily.

Anyway, I think it was just time to happen.
Let's say the power supply was slowly going and plugging the board in, increased
it's current enough to finish the job.