[pcductape] Re: Music from Africa and more

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:39:15 -0600

Hey Bob,
I was thinking the same thing but make mine a Diet Coke.

I got a machine in today that appears to have a faulty install of XP, or
Office XP, or both, based on the information I was given. I haven't powered
the machine up yet.  Too drained this evening to put my thinking cap on. I
may have to holler at you guys when I do get on it since the only experience
with XP that I have is with a smooth running copy on my laptop.

Meanwhile, back on the home front, and on a different machine, do you think
it is possible or even likely that reinstalling a card into a machine, same
card back into the same hole it came out of, could have anything to do with
a power supply blowing up (complete with cool sound effects and visual smoke
effects) or is the timing a coincidence? The machine was unplugged for the
removal of the card and remained unplugged until the card was replaced.  The
machine is probably in the neighborhood of 6-7 years old (and still running
a very stable copy of Win 98 even after all that time).
I bought a new power supply but hesitate to put it in until I have some
educated opinions on what caused it to blow.  Wouldn't want to repeat the