[pcductape] Re: Money - Money - Money - ? about Win98 access rights

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:27:26 -0600

MessageWow, sounds like you had better success than did the rest of our
families.  Congrats!

Does anyone know what type of control or boundaries one can set for users on
Win 98?  The only thing I really want to be able to do is for when my 10 yr
old gets on that box he can't access or save files anywhere but in his own
folder.  As for prg's on the machine.... nothing there he can't access, and
most of them he wouldn't care to. But even then I still only want him to be
able to open or save files he makes into the one folder that's his.  It's
not that he's devious, I feel very comfortable trusting him, but that
machine has access to the network and all the files on them, which includes
my work machine and client files and I want to avoid an accidental dissaster
before it happens.
Suggestions anyone?

  Hey Folks,

  I only did a search in my name for missing money and could find none.
After reading of some of your successes, I searched for "Unclaimed Property"
in the name of my decease father-in-law, Erwin Schroeder, and looks like I
found $900 in his name.  I've asked for a claim form and my wife will submit
it to see if it's really her dad.

  I did a search for my deceased brother Lee Roy Martin and found $300 he
had put up for a bond in a Court (I can't figure if he was arrested or was
trying to buy a house).   I've asked for a claim form for his son.

  I did a search for my daughter and her x-husband (Rick Benson)  and found
$.03 the light company owes him.   I asked for a claim form so she can get
the check for Rick and tell him it's over.

  ps, Keep searching.