[pcductape] Re: Modem Driver

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:34:11 +0200

I would venture and say that in most likelihood some generic modem driver would work with those modems
If not give a yell and we will see what else we can dig up.

BREZZ132@xxxxxx wrote:

I would like a little help!
I lurk on this list as "Jupiter Matt" and, as I've mentioned before, I volunteer time to a Florida State agency that takes donated computers and re-works them for distribution to kids in foster homes. We get a lot of donated "workstations" as companies upgrade their systems - - - but none of them have modems. We don't get any funds from the State so a number of us buy used, cheap modems to put in the PC's.
Recently, one of my co-volunteers purchased a dozen of brand new modems in sealed boxes for a bargain price. Unfortunately, we cannot find "drivers" for these modems. (We send out the systems with Win98SE)
To repeat, I would like some help/guidance to find drivers for these modems.
The Specifics are:
1.) The sealed boxes are labeled "COMPAQ P/n 292269-001 SPS-MDM 56K" (One of the volunteers contacted COMPAQ and was told that these modems were a special purchase and they did not have drivers for them)
2.) The FCC sticker gives a reg # CNTTAI-31396-M5-E (My search of that FCC # did not return any information.
3.) The modem has a Lucent chip set #1641
4.)There is also a Canadian sticker with the # 780 8124 A

Any suggestions????
Thanks for any help.
Jupiter Matt

TTFN - Vic /