[pcductape] Modem Driver

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:12:40 EST

I would like a little help!
I lurk on this list as "Jupiter Matt" and, as I've mentioned before, I
volunteer time to a Florida State agency that takes donated computers and
re-works
them for distribution to kids in foster homes.  We get a lot of donated
"workstations" as companies upgrade their systems - - - but none of them have
modems.
 We don't get any funds from the State so a number of us buy used, cheap
modems to put in the PC's.
Recently, one of my co-volunteers purchased a dozen of brand new modems in
sealed boxes for a bargain price. Unfortunately, we cannot find "drivers" for
these modems. (We send out the systems with Win98SE)
To repeat, I would like some help/guidance to find drivers for these modems.
The Specifics are:
1.) The sealed boxes are labeled "COMPAQ P/n 292269-001  SPS-MDM 56K" (One of
the volunteers contacted COMPAQ and was told that these modems were a special
purchase and they did not have drivers for them)
2.) The FCC sticker gives a reg # CNTTAI-31396-M5-E  (My search of that FCC #
did not return any information.
3.) The modem has a Lucent chip set #1641
4.)There is also a Canadian sticker with the # 780  8124  A

Any suggestions????
Thanks for any help.
Jupiter Matt