[pcductape] Re: Mirroring hdd's

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:08:09 -0800

By that bluff I am assuming your meaning the old town.
Diane keeps saying they don;t make a camera big enough to do justice to
Alaska. Not even if you owned 10 of them and tried for a panoramic with all
10..ha!
Alaska is one of those places that everyone must come to see at least once
in their life time. I promise anyone they will not be disappointed.
Trouble is most who have come end up coming back and back..can get expensive
that way. Many of course stay. Gets into your blood.
Shipping is killing us now. Someone really needs to tell these guys that we
do have a road up here.
I am not much on pricing but I would say on most things it cost about the
same as Hi.
I do know state side Carl that you can get a meal for a much better price
than up here. Gas is now at 2.16 avg. I always thought we were at war with
Iraq..not the local gas station..
After having traveled outside as much as we did..I for the life of me can't
understand why anyone would want to live stateside. Not being a wiseguy
here..but I really do not understand what would keep a person stateside. At
the same time I am delighted that not everyone will be moving..last I knew
we still were at one square mile for every person. It would be absolutely
devastating for me to go for a hike and run into other people while out
there. Yes we have some crowded trail where I could expect to run into as
many as 1/2 dozen people on the 6 mile hike. That is bad enough! Most of the
time when we go out it is just me and Diane and the bears. Not a clue as to
where we are and no one ever knows where were at either. I leave the GPS and
cell phones at home. All we take is our survival gear..rifle and a camera,
alongside a good supply of canvas and paint brushes..
might throw in a snickers with plenty of water.
Diane won't let me take the coke along..:-).
So when you coming back up here Carl..I heard the wind whispering your name
the other night..Kept saying " dang it..where's that Carl anyhow" Yep that's
what it was saying..
even had a beaver walk up and ask if I had seen Carl..:-)