[pcductape] Re: Mirroring hdd's

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:55:28 -0600

Hi Trapper,

I agree. Raid is not for me. But there is a lot I do not understand about Raid. Maybe it is a better way. I'll wait and see how Pam does. I did read on that website that Raid is mostly used by ISP's. I guess I just do not understand the concept. The website kept talking about speed; How in the world can "writing" to two different hard drives speed up the process? And the biggest concern is when a power surge, either lightening or otherwise, kills the machine and all what's in it. What then?