[pcductape] Re: Mirroring hdd's

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:53:56 -0800

Hi Pam,
I just set a computer up for my brother simimlar to the one you are getting. I had a lot of trouble doing the Raid stuff, with the sata drives, mostly do to poor documentation. I set up four sata drives with raid 0, raid 0. Two drives operating in parallel as one. and two drives operating in parallel as one for a backup. You can use the hard drive manufacturers mirror software that usually comes with their diagnostics to make the first mirror of the old drive. After that, I recommend Karen's Replicator for backup if that is the way you want to set things up. It will likely be a learning experience if you use the raid stuff. :O)
Bob Noble
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>