[pcductape] Re: Mirroring hdd's

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:40:25 -0600

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the website. I see you're using the Wikipedia Encyclopedia. My gosh, there are 10 levels of Raid. I still wonder though why one would depend on two (or more) hard drives in one machine which will be susceptible to lightening strikes. If a direct hit gets the machine I suspect it will kill all hard drives in the machine. I wonder if the better method of protecting one's data is to save data to an external harddrive and then remove that hard drive from the unit, very much like a floppy or cd diskette.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott McNay" <wizard@xxxxxxxx>