[pcductape] Re: Mirroring hdd's

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:31:12 -0800

Hi Pam.
So, I assume you will just use these straight, with no raid. Should be a piece of cake, mostly. My brother's board had two sets of sata sockets. Each set was controled by a different manufacturer's controller, which wasn't explained. I couldn't get one manufacturer's drives to boot from the Via, primary controlled socket set, but finallly got them to boot with the second set, which was controlled by Fastrak. Then I put the second set, another manufacturer on the via set and nothing would boot, until I turned off the boot for them in the bios. If you have trouble, I recommend you only start with the main drive and get it all loaded with xp before putting the second drive in. This will help sort things out.
Darn, I was going to go kayaking before the rain starts this evening, but too late. It's starting to drizzle.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>