[pcductape] Mad.exe

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:36:42 EST

Hi all
   My brother is having problems getting to www sites, so he called his ISP.
They told him that he has the "MAD.EXE" virus. I did a google search and came
up with;
            Mad.exe. Related to Dell's Resolution Assistant
            MS Exchange 5.5 SP3 (MAD.exe)
            System Attendant process (Mad.exe)
    (I got 393 hits from google and I am still looking through the various
    Well, I went to Symantic, Grisoft, Mcafee, Trend and they have no record
of this as a virus.
     Ok, so now I am trying to figure out how he got this file on his
computer. He is running Win98se, and Outlook Express for mail, a home computer
no server and this is not a Dell computer (custom computer). I guess that I am
going to have to search it out and remove it from the machine.
     Has anyone else had any experience with this file? Any ideas?