[pcductape] Re: MSN Messenger Problem

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Huntress <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:38:47 -0500

Hi Huntress,

H> I'm afraid that wasn't it.  Windows Messenger was already disabled a long
H> time ago by me through the Services menu.  Thanks for trying.  Whatever it
H> was, it was very similar to this little app.

See how easy it is to get totally confused with Microsoft's help? No,
the Messenger Service is what is disabled via Services. Windows
Messenger is the new name for MSN Messenger, which is what you were
asking about originally.

I think that the app that you have in mind might be XP-AntiSpy, which
has an option to disable opening Windows Messenger when you open
Outlook Express. You can get it from here:
http://www.xp-antispy.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&parent=category&filecatid=42

It has an option to disable the Messenger service also, so you can
kill both of them with one stone, no matter what you think they're
called.

--Scott.