[pcductape] Laptop problem fixed

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:49:03 EDT

Solution to Laptop problem, (of shrunken screen) - - - -

Per advice of several kind people, I went to the Dell site and tried to find
a video driver for my son's laptop, (a Latitude H-500).  I had some difficulty
finding a driver on the Dell site, so I went to "Drivers.com" and downloaded
a large file (20MB) that purportedly would control the laptop screen. That was
a mistake since it really screwed up the screen.  Going into Safe mode to try
and delete the troublesome driver via Control Panel.Display did not work. I
actually had to go into DOS to delete that driver.

I went back to the Dell site and after prolonged search, I FINALLY found a
driver that would work with the laptop.  Again, I tried to download it and
a 95% transfer, Compuserve shut me down. ( It was well over an hour
wasted!!!)  I downloaded a program that promised to "save" my downloads and
activating it, I was able to download a 17MB Zip file. I unzippd it and after
installed, the laptop screen worked correctly.

Thanks to all those who took the time to offer suggestions.  My son I
appreciate your help.

Jupiter Matt