[pcductape] Re: Kerio

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:17:24 -0600

I guess I'll vote Republican;   again.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: trapper
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 1:49 PM
  Subject: [pcductape] Re: Kerio

  She is not to be in a position of USURPING authority over a man.
  She is not to be a pastor..One of the qualifications for being a pastor in
Timothy is they are  to be the husband of only one wife. Not a woman alive can
fill that role..
  Churches that have woman as pastors are out of touch with scripture. Many
groups today are out of touch..they quote one verse or take another totally out
of context. How they can read into a passage what they do is beyond me..
  How does a homosexual over look the part about it being an abomination and
then come up with a church of their own is beyond me..I think what people today
do is they pick and choose. I like this one, but forget that one..! They go to
great lengths to justify themselves. This often requires them to put down
scripture or mis-quote it. What ever it takes..they will do, so they can carry
on in Sin and ignore the full intentions of what God says.

  A woman can have and fill the role of a minister. She can minister to
anyone..she is often considered to be a person of nurturing qualities.
Ministering and pastor are two different roles.. Even as a minister however she
is not to rule over a man. Woman of today hate that..especially the N.O.W.
people and the womans rights type of organizations. I just tell them.." sorry I
did not write the rules". I can understand though why they hate that..Many men
of today forget about the rest of the word and abuse that. Become dominant
rulers lording over their wives and treating them like slaves. No woman needs
to put up with that. It is not Gods word for a woman to be beaten and abused.
Men are to treat woman as their help meet..equal..! They are to love them as
they love themselves, and as the lord loves the church..God often speaks of the
church using marriage as a example.
  A good example  was while I was in Hi. a couple came to me and asked for some
councelling. He was mad at her for not leaving the party with him. Who had the
final word was the question..She was mad cuz he was acting like he was the boss
( and he is ) but was using his authority in a bad way.
  The answer was simple..God is the ultimate authority. Had they both been
listening to him in the first place they probably would not have ever gone to
the party. It was not of a Christian origin. If they both had listened to God
then the husband would have never been put in that position . Then she would
not be feeling like she was and their would have never been an issue.  I am
willing to believe that under different circumstance, it would have been her
telling the husband that we shouldn't go..It is an unusual situation where the
husband is not wanting to party and the woman is..
  Why she never left with him was because she just simply wanted to stay.
  Not right!
  As long as a man is listening to God, she will not have any worry about
authority. The man is simply carrying out what God says for him to do..One of
those things to do is to be the " Head " of your own household. As the Head
that means she is not to ride shot-gun. Yes they can both argue thru a
situation and discuss it at great lengths. In the end however it is his
decision to make and he will be the one who is held accountable.
  In the end it will be the man who is going to have to answer to God. Not her
for following what he says..as long as it is Godly. If a man tells his wife to
do something that is clearly against the word of God then I believe she has a
moral right to leave out of that situation. She has left so she is no longer
telling or usurping authority.
  Getting off track here...Yes he is 100% right...but first the term leadership
must be defined. A simple example might be...If she is ministering and you as
the man are in a helpless situation then I guess she is leading the way. If a
woman for example is applying first aid to a gun shot wound while your over
there in Iraq..I would say she is definitely in a ministering position and I
would be ever so grateful for her aid..
  That might not be a good example to use..but I think you get the message of
what I am trying to point out.
  A womans place is to Submit..
  Woman hate that word and I don't like to use it, so I will often say lets see
what God has to say about this..That gets me off the hook :-) But a womans
place in scripture is to submit to the authority given to man by God.
  I know of no place in scripture where a woman says ''O yeah..forget you..I am
going to do it my way". Perhaps in Sodom and Gomorrah there were some woman

                       " + "
                      Trapper &
                    Arts of Alaska

  Carl wrote:
    Hey Trapper,
    I would like your opinion.  My grandson says the Bible says a woman should
not be in a position of leadership.   What say you?