[pcductape] Kerio

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:38:05 EST

In a message dated 12/5/04 3:27:18 PM Central Standard Time,
Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anyone have any
> experience with Kerio?

  Carl
    Yes, installed it on a winME and had some problems with it. I will tell
you that really we should have formatted and reinstalled ME.
   Also make sure that you get the lastest version of Kerio, below is an
article I read from ZDnet (maybe, not sure)

   Denial of Service in Kerio Personal Firewall 4.1.1
   eEye Digital Security discovered a Denial of Service (DoS)
vulnerability in Kerio Personal Firewall 4.1.1 and earlier versions.
The vulnerability lets a remote attacker render a system inoperative
with one packet. Physical access is required to bring an affected
system out of this frozen state. Kerio Technologies has released a
security advisory regarding this vulnerability and recommends that
affected users immediately upgrade to version 4.12
   http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/44505/44505.html

HTH
  De