[pcductape] Re: I-worm/BugBear

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:36:20 -0500

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the response.   That site is a pay for virus fixes site.  I suspect
they may be the very ones sending the bugs?   :-)

Anyway, I download AVG's rmbugbear.exe and it fixed my computer #1 (I did not
know it was infected) but it will not fix computer #2.   I'm running Windows xp
on all my units and one has to disable the "System Restore" feature 1st and
then boot into safe mode and then run rmbugbear.exe.   After the one virus in
my system dll file on computer #2, I open AVG and wrote a message for help (to
AVG technical people) from within the software and I hope to get a reply soon.