[pcductape] Re: Interrupt usage

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:10:53 -0800

Hi Scott,
Yes, I agree PCI shares interrupts and xp and 2k can do more sharing, but it
still comes down to the computer can only do one thing at a time as far as
interrupts go. Of coarse it can split that into a piece of a second so it looks
like it is doing more then one thing at a time, and the faster the computer, the
more things it can look like it can do at the same time. But if you ask it to do
too many things at the same time, I think you could still get into trouble.

And when one is having problems, one should not overlook anything, especially
when the one having problems has stated that things worked some of the time in
the past.  Things working some of the time, is a good reason to be concerned
about the interrupts.  At least in my opinion, whose computer runs only at 350
mhz.