[pcductape] Re: Internet Explorer will not open & spyware

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:00:04 -0600

MessageHi David,

Just had to tell you about gator.   Ad-Aware found 15 registry
keys, 1 file and 1 file folder for gator.    I wonder why 15
keys;   what is it telling my computer to do?

Yes, Ad-Ware can be configured to startup with the IE6, even
the free version, but it will only run when one activates it.

Some weeks ago I complained on this list about I thought
someone was hacking my computer at night while I was asleep (I
have cable connection and I have every movement of the
computer set for sound and I would be in the outhouse and I
could hear different sound occurs  such as "I feel good" and
"Balls of Fire".   The most convincing sound was a loud toilet
flushing when a program shuts down.   There I am on my throne
and I hear the toilet flush......but it aint me.)  and Trapper
and Bob both poohoo the thought.   I thought it was my friends
at NSA.   But I now know Trapper & Bob were right.    The
hacking was spyware.    Darn that makes me upset.   :-(