  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:54:40 -0600

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the help.   Tonight I will attempt an uninstall of sp1.

What is really weird is the fact that Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer
will not work but "Word", "MsWorks", "PictureIt", "Outlook Express" do work
and they are all offspring's of Microsoft.   Also, other software such as
Quicken and Opera work.    One would think if one Microsoft does not work
then all Microsoft would not;   not true.

I really like Opera;   however it will not do a virus scan at house call
website.   I've not checked the other sites yes.    I did succeed in running
AVG and F-prot and both programs did not report any bugs.    So, I'm
inclined to think my unit is virus free and that the problem is related to
either Cleanup 3 or Popups Blocker.   I did uninstalled both programs and
ran registry clean and rebooted but problem with Internet Explorer is still
with me.