  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:53:00 -0600

I bet the pop up stopper is your culprit.

Pam

  Hi Bob,

  No not xupiter.   But about a week ago I did install 2 free programs that
I suspect are the problem.   One is called "Pop-up Stopper" by Panicware and
the other one is Cleanup 3.     I am really suspecious of Cleanup because it
deletes all newsgroups subscriptions, all cookies, and all temporary files
(regardless of location).   When I get some rest (I want to start fresh - I
just got back from a Lodge meeting), I will uninstall both and clean out the
registry to see if that helps.   I still don't think I have a virus.