  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:24:06 -0600

Hi Bob,

No not xupiter.   But about a week ago I did install 2 free
programs that I suspect are the problem.   One is called
"Pop-up Stopper" by Panicware and the other one is Cleanup 3.
I am really suspecious of Cleanup because it deletes all
newsgroups subscriptions, all cookies, and all temporary files
(regardless of location).   When I get some rest (I want to
start fresh - I just got back from a Lodge meeting), I will
uninstall both and clean out the registry to see if that
helps.   I still don't think I have a virus.

  From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Hi Trapper,

  No I cannot open the Explorer.   I get the same error
message as Internet

  Yes I must find the cd.   :-)

  ps, I'm having to relearn dos.   Now how do I get help in
dos?   Is it "copy /?"
  ? and the system will give me help.   :-)

  pcductape-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
Subject field