  • From: Bob Vandersteen <bvan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:31:42 -0700

Try this:  copy iexplore.exe c:\progra~1\intern~1

At 07:51 PM 2/25/03 -0600, Carl wrote:

Hi All,
I found my computer with a headache this morning.   I tried to open Internet Explorer and it will not.   The error message is that iexplore.exe is corrupt.   I tried to open Windows Explorer and get the same error message.   My other programs seem to be working ok, for now.
I tried run > sfc /scannow and the system asked me for my Windows XP cdrom and I cannot find it.   I still have my receipt but no cdrom.
So, I copied iexplore.exe off a computer at work and then I tried using dos to copy to c:\program files\Internet explorer and I keep getting the error message shown below:
 2-25-03 error1.jpg
Of course, I don't know if that would even work, copying a good iexplore.exe over the bad one.   I do have a good iexplore.exe on c:\ drive;   what if I deleted the other one, would Windows pick up on the good one.

JPEG image