  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:07:59 -0500

I haven't run the new version, I thought it only ran when you started it
so
that would be it is after the fact and isn't monitoring what is being
installed unless the new version runs continuously. I would bet that it
found gator on on your machine along with all the other stuff. This is a
serious problem, more and more I am getting calls on machine isn't running
correctly and it turns out to be spyware. If you find your cd, you should
(if you have plenty of room on your harddrive) is copy the i386 folder to
your harddrrive this would allow you to run repairs that need these files.
Sorry you had a good run on this problem, however, look at what a lot of
others and you learned about spyware and other browsers. :>)