  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 04:55:14 -0600

MessageHi Vic,

I must have read the same report about Ad-Aware because for a
long time I refused to use it.    Several people on this list
and some other lists suggested Ad-Aware might solve my
problem.   I did not believe them.    I was wrong.

When I ran Ad-Aware I was at the point where I had almost
decided to format my harddrive and start over.    So, when I
ran Ad-Aware and it identified 142 registry keys and files and
folders as being spyware, I deleted ALL;   every single one.
And it worked.   It fixed my problem.     For the past year or
so I have been very faithful to check for anti-virus programs
upgrades on a daily basis to prevent the bugs from entering my
unit;   little did I know that spyware was just as dangerous.