  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:43:17 +0200

Trapper,

Excuse me.... when you buy a house do you sign an agreement of some
sort??? Is it in legalese???  Why do you agree to that and not to the
legalese of Microsoft.
No one said to you do not read the EULA that is shown you on screen
before the installation starts. Hitting "I agree" is tantamount to
signing an agreement. If you bring along a lawyer then maybe you should
bring along a lawyer for the CD too !!!! Of course it stops, because A)
it has not started to install and B) because you didn't agree. Did you
think you wouldn't agree and it still would install - lol that's like
going to buy a house , not signing the agreement and still moving in
!!!!
P.S. It stands up in court alright - there have already been cases where
companies have been sued for using OS that were not legal.

Not reading an agreement is only your fault and no one else, BTW,
certain programs such as Kazaa install extra stuff when you install it
but they say so in the EULA, if you don't read it then you don't know
about it. Didn't mum tell you to always read the small print????

Trapper - I understand the person who has 2-3 computers and so does
Microsoft - but what would happen with a company that has 100 computers
or 2000 computers, would it be okay if they just brought 1 copy and used
it on all 2000 of their comps????  That is why they set things up like
this , not because on person has two computers. There is no other way to
do it - you got any suggestions????

I don't care what you do with it as long as it is legal - illegal is
illegal in whatever language - if you think a law is wrong fight it but
don't break it - that is my bottom line .

I'll not bring this subject up again and suggest you don't either -
breaking the law is not something you should be proud of. Next time I
most probably will not be so polite - I do not suffer hypocrites easily.

And if these words make anyone angry so be it.

TTFN – Vic

  _____