  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:59:14 +0200

Trapper,

That is all good and well - except when you copy it out and hand out
those copies to someone else. That is piracy.
Same with running a copy of XP on more than one computer, the license
which you bought along with the CD is for one computer only. Breaking
the license is breaking the law and yet again piracy. If you don't agree
, then change the law but don't break it.

It is like buying a book - the book is yours to do with as you wish -
except for copying the contents and passing the content off as yours -
that is plagiarisation. Same with a computer operating system or
program, you can do with the legal CD whatever you want - you cannot
copy it and pass it on as yours.

TTFN – Vic

  _____