  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:59:14 +0200

The registered number that goes out to Microsoft when you register XP is
a hashed number specific to your comp and it is 50 numerals long, but
the numbers on your CD that you enter when you install XP is only 16
numbers and letters.
Microsoft has a set of those that are randomly set with each CD - but
there are only a certain number of those as they have to "fit" the CD
and no one , not even Microsoft has the mulaahs to make each and every
CD of XP different.
Those numbers that are created and sent out by your comp do not change
but they would not in most likelihood ever be suitable for any other

TTFN – Vic