  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:59:14 +0200

XP has a "hidden" folder that will cause most mucked up dll's and exe's
of the system to be rewritten at boot time.
XP checks those files at boot time and compares them to a list - if you
have the wrong version or size it will replace them. But if your
"hidden" copy gets mucked up by some software then you have a problem.

TTFN – Vic

  _____