  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:13:16 +0200

Pam etc,

Sorry I am so late in getting round to emails but we have been having
connection problems here - the main HDSL router/modem from the phone
company failed twice within 24 hrs leaving us without internet for two
days, each time till they could send a replacement. [ High bit-rate
Digital Subscriber Line - Modems on either end of one or more twisted
wire pair that deliver T1 speeds ]

Opera without java is smaller - at only 3.2 mb

Phoenix [which is the cousin of Mozilla [and almost as good IMHO, but
still very much in beta stage ] is only 6 MB. The goal of Phoenix is to
build a full browser with all the capabilities of it's "big" brothers at
a much smaller size and much faster. So far they are doing quite well.

And then there is Net Tamer  - it is a text only browser that will run
under Windows at  <http://www.nettamer.net/n1121386.exe>
http://www.nettamer.net/n1121386.exe
it downloads at all of 750KB !!!!  Hahahah, it is a tad old but works
okay - most of the time, no fancy stuff just text.

TTFN – Vic

  _____