  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:45:51 -0600

Hi Trapper,
No, I've not tried safe mode.   I will when I get home.
I don't have an emergency start up disk.
I don't have Norton's Disk Doctor.
I do run AVG daily and I do an update inquiry daily.   Each day AVG catches a
virus and it's always in a compressed file (zip) and I cannot identify the
individual file.   I've not yet killed the entire zip file.   I will expand the
files into a temp folder and run avg and then kill the individual file.

My computer runs ok, except I cannot use Internet Explorer nor Windows Explorer
(I understand they are related).   My software programs like Quicken, MsWorks,
Word, Outlook Express, etc work ok.

If I cannot find Windows XP disk, I'll have to go buy a new one.

As we speak, I am running F-prot in dos mode.   I'm looking forward to the
results.