  • From: "Martha Bagwell" <mabagwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:05:40 -0600

What OS & what version of IE?

Martha's Web
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carl
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 7:51 PM
  Subject: [pcductape] Internet Explorer will not open

  Hi All,

  I found my computer with a headache this morning.   I tried to open Internet
Explorer and it will not.   The error message is that iexplore.exe is corrupt.
 I tried to open Windows Explorer and get the same error message.   My other
programs seem to be working ok, for now.

  I tried run > sfc /scannow and the system asked me for my Windows XP cdrom
and I cannot find it.   I still have my receipt but no cdrom.

  So, I copied iexplore.exe off a computer at work and then I tried using dos
to copy to c:\program files\Internet explorer and I keep getting the error
message shown below:
  Of course, I don't know if that would even work, copying a good iexplore.exe
over the bad one.   I do have a good iexplore.exe on c:\ drive;   what if I
deleted the other one, would Windows pick up on the good one.

JPEG image