  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:28:31 -0500

If you can access the internet try one of these sites:
online virus scanners; they will scan all the files on your hard drive for a
virus.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/
<http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall/>

Norton Web Services
Go to this page and click on Scan for Viruses
http://security2.norton.com/ssc/vc_about.asp?langid=us
<http://security2.norton.com/ssc/vc_about.asp?langid=us&venid=sym&plfid=22&p
kj=RKNYPJUIYCZRWEJGSSK> &venid=sym&plfid=22&pkj=RKNYPJUIYCZRWEJGSSK

It needs to download a few file so as to activate the scan so you may see a
message like this.

"The Scan for Viruses uses an ActiveX program to scan your computer. The
download is approximately 1.5MB and can take about 10 minutes over a 28.8
modem.

The scan can take more than 20 minutes depending on the speed of your
computer and the number of files that you have. Please do not browse away
from this page unless you intend to abort the scan.

Downloading Scan for Viruses controls. Please wait...

During the download, you might see one or more messages asking if it is OK
to download and run these programs. Click Yes when these messages appear.

Note: Scan for Viruses does not scan compressed files"
you receive your first email. You can also scan without registering"
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
<http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp>

PC Pitstop Virus Scan
Our free Web-based virus scan uses Panda Software's award-winning technology
and virus list. We're checking against the "wildlist," the roughly 200
viruses that are most prevalent in the world in a given month
<http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp>