  • From: Bob Vandersteen <bvan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:47:53 -0700

At 05:33 PM 2/27/03 -0700, Bob Vandersteen wrote:

At 05:44 PM 2/27/03 -0600, Carl wrote:
... I don't know why Rundll32 boots. I will uncheck it to see if that's the problem. I don't know what ctfmon is?

Rundll32.exe = Required for Dial Up Networking. This also appears in the Startup list if the resolution monitor (used to change monitor resolution on the fly) is placed in the system tray even if unchecked in Startup.

You may want to check out this URL for identifying startups...

Here's a better one... http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

BTW, ctfmon = CTFMon is involved with the language/alternative input services in Office XP. CTFMON.exe will continue to put itself back into MSConfig when you run the Office XP apps as long as the Text Services and Speech applets in the Control Panel are enabled. Not required if you don't need these features. For more info on ctfmon see here. CTFMON can be disabled from Control Panel, Text & Speech Services