  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:50:55 -0500

The pop up seems legit, and I use cleanup 2.0 here is a summary of 3.0, you
have to be carful with this version. :>) Did you run MSconfig and see what
was running? Have you come up in safemode to see if your explorer works?

Internet Cleanup 3.0 ($29.99 list) deletes-and shreds-almost anything on
your system that might reveal what you do. The software can eliminate your
cookies, history, cache, and recent documents-even wipe out your entire C
drive if you want. The product's most unusual feature is its ability to list
and delete ActiveX controls and browser plug-ins. Statistics on these items
and more display when you first launch the program (the delay caused by the
necessary system scan might annoy impatient types). Version 3.0 works with
AOL 7.0 and 8.0; Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 and later; and MSN
Explorer 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0. Users of Netscape, Opera, and other browsers
must stick with version 2.0. We tested Internet Cleanup with IE 6.

BrowserGuard, the most important addition to version 3.0, blocks banner ads,
Web bugs, pop-ups, and cookies. Once you activate the feature, a button
appears on the toolbar. Clicking this button opens a window that lists the
blocked Web bugs and ads. If you're curious about what you're missing, you
can highlight an item and click the Details button. A trace option will do a
Whois lookup for you.