  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:15:02 -0600

Hi David,

One is called "Pop-up Stopper" by Panicware and the other one
is Cleanup 3.   I have uninstalled both and removed references
from the registry.

I succeeded  in copying the IE6 file to both folders but have
not attempted the Explorer.exe.   I too was not sure version
is right.

I have been unable to restore.   I can go "Start > Programs >
Accessories > System Tools > System Restore" and load the
wizard and follow the instructions but alas, it will not
restore.   I have now tried 5 different dates to restore;   no
will do.

I copied the msconfig file from my Windows 98 cd and Windows
xp has accepted it ok.   I use it often.