[pcductape] Internet Explorer will not open

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:51:19 -0600

Hi All,

I found my computer with a headache this morning.   I tried to
open Internet Explorer and it will not.   The error message is
that iexplore.exe is corrupt.   I tried to open Windows
Explorer and get the same error message.   My other programs
seem to be working ok, for now.

I tried run > sfc /scannow and the system asked me for my
Windows XP cdrom and I cannot find it.   I still have my
receipt but no cdrom.

So, I copied iexplore.exe off a computer at work and then I
tried using dos to copy to c:\program files\Internet explorer
and I keep getting the error message shown below:

Of course, I don't know if that would even work, copying a
good iexplore.exe over the bad one.   I do have a good
iexplore.exe on c:\ drive;   what if I deleted the other one,
would Windows pick up on the good one.

JPEG image