[pcductape] Installation stalls at request for USB 2.0 driver.

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 08:40:13 -0500

Installation stalls at request for USB 2.0 driver.

Several days ago I became annoyed with having to click ok on my Windows xp home
machine and decided to make the computer logon automatically, so I searched the
Internet and found a file titled "autologon.exe" and ran it.   I was never able
to boot into regular mode again.   I was able to boot into safe mode.

Three days ago I decided to install Windows overitself.  However, instead of
Windows xp home I used a cd with Windows xp Professional.  The installation has
6 major parts and the attempt to install Windows xp professional succeed past
"Collecting Information", "Dynamic Update", "Preparing Installation",
"Installing Windows' and it now at the process (2/3 finished) of "Installing
Devices".   The system is calling for "hccoin.dll" which is for USB2.0 (EHCI).
 I find the old Windows xp home file hccoin.dll and after several minutes, the
installation stops and reboots itself back to the system call for "hccoin.dll".
  I'm guessing the needed hccoin.dll is for windows xp professional version but
I cannot find it on the cd nor the Internet.   Any suggestions?

I take the cd installation disk out and reboot to safe mode and the system will
not.  It reboots into the installation mode.