[pcductape] Re: IP addresses

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:49:24 -0600

Hello Pam,

Saturday, March 8, 2003, 10:10:06 AM, you wrote:

P> Thanks, Scott.  That's the one I was remembering.  What are the -a, -o,
P> and -n for? Next question, how do I identify what everything in the list is?

I had to go looking in order to find the right one; I can't remember
them all.

NETSTAT -? tells you everything:

   C:>netstat -?

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-o] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

  -a            Displays all connections and listening ports.
  -e            Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s
  -n            Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
  -o            Displays the owning process ID associated with each connection.
  -p proto      Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto
                may be any of: TCP, UDP, TCPv6, or UDPv6.  If used with the -s
                option to display per-protocol statistics, proto may be any of:
                IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, or UDPv6.
  -r            Displays the routing table.
  -s            Displays per-protocol statistics.  By default, statistics are
                shown for IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, and UDPv6;
                the -p option may be used to specify a subset of the default.
  interval      Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
                between each display.  Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
                statistics.  If omitted, netstat will print the current
                configuration information once.

Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx