[pcductape] IMPORTANT News!

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:28:50 -0500

Dear PC-Ductape Members,

A little over a week ago we asked you to vote on how the members feel about
allowing off topic conversation.   We also asked how many of you would be
willing to relocate to another list server to stay with the group if needed.
The votes have been tallied and the overwhelming results are that over 90% of
the list members do not mind OT conversation and are willing to relocate to
stay with the group. So we will be consolidating both the Topica and the
Freelists groups into one group on the Yahoo servers. There will be many
advantages gained from this move including, chat features, file and photo
storage, calendar, list promotion, and searchable archives. I will be
downloading the Freelists archives to be placed on the PC-Ductape website for
future use.

We would like to make this move as painless as possible so your co-operation
will be necessary. I will be sending out invitations to 50 members per day
(maximum allowed by Yahoo) over the next few days and you will need to respond
to the email you will receive from Yahoo before becoming a member. Please note
that the new email address will be PC-Ductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and our website
will feature a link to join near the top of the page. For those who don't want
to wait for an invitation you can send an email to
PC-Ductape-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to subscribe immediately.  Once all of the
dust settles we will be closing the groups at Freelists and Topica.

I realize that there are some of you who will not want to move with us and I
sincerely hope you will change your mind, but this is the way it must be.
Having separate lists for OT conversation was a lot of trouble and not
efficient at times. But should you decide not to join us we will be sorry to
see you leave.

We expect this move to be complete within one week or at least before the New
Year. Both the Topica and Freelists groups will be deleted after that time. I
hope that many of you will remain with us.

Thanks for your continued support,

Sandi Neumann - Owner

Pam Stryker - Moderator