[pcductape] Re: IE can't find URL

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 08:38:11 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chuck Haller
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 7:47 PM
  Subject: [pcductape] Re: IE can't find URL

  Hi Pam,

     If you've located the IE entry, go down the several folders on the left,
any that look like they could contain URL, or home page data, then you can
delete anything that is a www that you don't recognize.  I found in mine all
the URLs that I visited, very much like my history entries.

     I've found with customers that have gotten (accidentally) into porno sites

Hi Chuck,

You sure do speak true.    Porn sites are sending spam well worded to trick the
receiver into thinking it's something they should look at and when one clicks
on the URL in the email message..........it's too late to undo...........and as
one tried to shut down the Internet Explorer, addition porn sites keep popping
up, each one adding their own little spyware to the victim computer.    I sure
am glad for Spybot.