[pcductape] Re: IE can't find URL

  • From: "Chuck Haller" <teknospud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:47:11 -0700

Hi Pam,
   If you?ve located the IE entry, go down the several folders on the
left, any that look like they could contain URL, or home page data,
then you can delete anything that is a www that you don?t recognize.
I found in mine all the URLs that I visited, very much like my history
entries.
   I?ve found with customers that have gotten (accidentally) into
porno sites that unless you delete the xxx registry entries, (some of
these take over the homepage) that there is at least one entry that
calls up a www site and starts a porno spawning process all over
again.
   Vague, I know, but the rest you kind of have to feel your way
through.  As long as you operate on the right pane you?ll do little
damage, deleting whole folders on the right is probably a no-no,  When
you close the registry editor, it?s the same as a ?Save and Exit.
   Got to go, something about a ?Pay the rent day?..
  Chuck