[pcductape] Re: I use Copernic Agent

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 07:08:11 +0200

Everyone and his Mum is working on an anti-spam program, but just the same as with AV programs it's a "game" of cats and mice - one side changes something to catch up or get away and the other immedeatly makes another change - and the people on each side are no dummies either.
Neither virii or spam mail are going to go away soon or quick - it will probably get a lot worse before it gets better - all we , the little end user , can do is ride it out.

Carl wrote:

The difference as I recall is that Copernic will search the "Web" plus "News User Groups" all together, while google is one at a time; that is one has to search the web and later in a separate effort, search the news users groups. I still like google better. I understand that yahoo.com is developing a search engine that will do almost as much as google.
And that yahoo.com is working on an anti-virus program that may stop spam. It seems to me the only real way to stop spam is to have an approved "list" of addresses that no one can send email to without an invitation. Then, if one of the approved members start spam, kick him out into the no-man's land.